19th April 2021
Confidas are resuming the sale of travel insurance with immediate effect. Just as importantly, we are delighted to confirm that we haven’t made any price increases with this re-introduction.
With so many products being pared back with wide exclusions on Covid-19, we have been careful to keep as much cover in place as possible. To help with some of the inevitable client questions, the following is some guidance on our cover.
Since November 2020 all current policies have had an endorsement which means that a customer won’t be covered if they cancel a trip because of COVID-19 or another pandemic for the following reasons:
• Government actions such as lockdown, social distancing restrictions and quarantine/self-isolation requirements (test and trace).
• Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCDO) advice against all or all but essential travel.
• Not being able to get to their destination or use their accommodation.
However, Customers are still covered for the following reasons relating to COVID-19 or another pandemic:
• Cancelling a trip if they, a travelling companion or close relative is diagnosed with COVID-19.
• Cutting short a trip if the FCO advice changes during it, as long as the advice wasn’t in place when they departed.
• Cutting short a trip if they can’t stay in their pre-booked accommodation
• Emergency medical expenses if they’re diagnosed with COVID-19 while on a trip.
Travel insurance can be bought new as part of a portfolio alongside either our Confidas Max or Lux Home products, and it can also be added for clients who already have a Home product as a mid-term adjustment.
With concerns around capacity in the travel insurance market as the travel industry opens up, we hope this gives you even greater options to serve your clients.