Having spent the past few days testing our capabilities to move to a fully remote operation, we are pleased to say we are in a strong position to continue to deliver our service to you in this manner. In line with Government advice to only travel where necessary, we have taken the decision to now fully close our Croydon office until further notice.
Change to some procedures
While we are focused on continued excellent service, there are inevitably some changes to our contact and processes.
• The key one is that we will be able to work more productively via email communication during this time.
• However, direct dials will divert to our mobile phones – please be aware that we don’t all get great mobile signal while working remotely, hence the preference for email contact.
• If you do wish to talk to someone, calls to 0208 603 7157 will be handled by our Norfolk office, which continues to remain open.
• Calls are already diverted to our Leeds team and they will take FNOL advices and distribute the claims handling as appropriate.
• As previously advised, you should not see any changes to our working patterns or service levels from claims.
• As previously advised, we would prefer email instruction as this gives us an audit trail in the absence of a call recording system – this is for the benefit of both you and us as well as our mutual clients.
All underwriters are available on their normal email address, and per above, have got mobile capability if necessary (within our usual working hours).
• As part of the service Confidas offer, we already have in place a process for auto renewal, client’s will not be left off cover if you can’t communicate with us
.• As a reminder for data security purposes, for New Business instructions where you wish to put a client on cover using our Interest Free Direct Debit facility, please:
Put the client’s banking details in a password protected document (e.g. Word or Excel)
Email the encrypted document to email@example.com
In a separate email, send the password for the document
• For New Business instructions on broker account, simply advise this is the case in the email confirming cover.
• Both Steve & Andy remain available by phone, but as a business, we have taken the decision not to undertake face to face meeting for the foreseeable future.
• Remains business as usual
Further update on travel insurance
• If a client already had Confidas Travel insurance in the previous insurance period, they will be able to continue this at renewal.
• We cannot currently add travel insurance to the home product at renewal if the client did not have Confidas Travel insurance in the previous insurance period.
• We cannot currently add travel insurance, or individuals not yet on a current insurance, to the home product mid-term.
• We cannot currently add travel insurance to the home product as new business.
We hope that you and your teams are healthy and remain so during this pandemic.
Head of Underwriting
0208 603 3750